By Thearon Willis
As some of the most renowned programming languages on this planet, visible simple maintains to extend at the performance and adaptability of its framework. This e-book explains tips on how to use visible uncomplicated 2005 to put in writing effective database purposes that may be used all through an firm.
With this instructing instrument, you will the best way to use queries, perspectives, and saved tactics to successfully entry and control information out of your functions. you will get a company clutch on utilizing ADO.NET in addition to OleDb, SQL, and Oracle to entry particular databases. Plus, hands-on examples and try-it-out workouts assist you positioned your examining into perform in order that with every one bankruptcy, you will progressively construct the items of a unmarried software.
What you are going to research from this publication
- How ADO.NET maintains to conform as a construction block for having access to and manipulating information in relational databases
- Ways to encrypt and decrypt information, hash passwords, and extra safe entry in your information
- Techniques for gaining access to your internet provider from either Windows(r) and net purposes
- Best practices for utilizing enterprise good judgment and knowledge entry parts to provide file information or replace info on your back-end databases
Who this ebook is for This publication is for builders who are looking to learn how to write database purposes and back-end databases, akin to Microsoft(r) entry, Microsoft(r) SQL Server, and Oracle(r). a few adventure with visible easy 2005 is beneficial yet no longer required.
Wrox starting publications are crafted to make studying programming languages and applied sciences more uncomplicated than you think that, delivering a dependent, instructional layout that may advisor you thru the entire ideas concerned.
Read or Download Beginning Visual Basic 2005 Databases PDF
Best visual basic books
Occasionally you simply have to resolve an issue and get on together with your paintings. as a result, visible easy 2008 Recipes is a compendium of sensible ideas for busy VB . internet programmers. Create time for the extra attention-grabbing features of your VB . internet venture by way of fixing universal issues of the sensible recommendations and dozens of code examples during this ebook.
CodeNotes offers the main succinct, actual, and quick manner for a developer to ramp up on a brand new expertise or language. in contrast to different programming books, CodeNotes drills right down to the middle features of a expertise, concentrating on the major parts wanted so as to appreciate it speedy and enforce it instantly.
Because the statement of visible easy . internet, much has been made from its robust object-oriented beneficial properties. in spite of the fact that, little or no dialogue has been dedicated to the perform of object-oriented programming at its such a lot primary level—that is, development sessions. if truth be told, no matter what code you write in visible easy .
- Professional Visual Basic 2005
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition - Build a Program Now
- Professional Visual Basic 2008
- Wrox's Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit (Programmer to Programmer)
- Mono: a developer's notebook
Extra resources for Beginning Visual Basic 2005 Databases
The third normal form eliminates columns that do not depend on the primary key. First normal form You want to apply the rules of normalization to your sample database design, shown previously. In the first normal form, you need to eliminate repeating groups of data, and create separate tables for each set of related data. You must also identify a primary key for each table. The Manager Employees table contains repeating groups of data so this table is a prime candidate for the first normal form.
5. The shortcut bar on the left side of the window contains two tabs: Objects and Groups. Under the Objects tab, the shortcut for Tables is selected by default. In the main window three options exist to create tables. You want to double-click the first option: Create table in Design view. 6. The table designer contains three columns: Field Name, Data Type, and Description. The General tab at the bottom of the designer contains the data type attributes after a data type has been chosen. Using Table 1-5, enter the field names, data types, and data type attributes to create the Groups table.
You cannot insert a foreign key value for a row of data that does not exist in another table. Referential integrity also prevents you from deleting a row of data that is referenced by a foreign key. To 5 Chapter 1 do so, you must first delete the row of data containing the foreign key or update the column using a NULL value. Only then are you able to delete the row containing the primary key. Referential integrity is based on the relationship between foreign and primary keys and ensures that key values are consistent across all tables.
Beginning Visual Basic 2005 Databases by Thearon Willis