By Bob Villareal
The ebook covers basics equivalent to database normalization, question layout, item manipulation and optimization, and customized programming for types and stories. The reader turns into extra effective, effective, and an expert in entry VBA. This publication offers with getting information from outdoor resources and utilizing VBA to make sure facts integrity and consistency, which no different entry VBA publication does. It additionally tackles difficulties in numerous daily events that programmers frequently face.
Read or Download Access 2002 Programming by Example PDF
Similar visual basic books
Occasionally you simply have to remedy an issue and get on together with your paintings. in this case, visible simple 2008 Recipes is a compendium of sensible recommendations for busy VB . internet programmers. Create time for the extra fascinating facets of your VB . internet undertaking by means of fixing universal issues of the sensible options and dozens of code examples during this booklet.
CodeNotes offers the main succinct, actual, and fast manner for a developer to ramp up on a brand new expertise or language. in contrast to different programming books, CodeNotes drills right down to the middle facets of a know-how, concentrating on the major parts wanted so as to appreciate it fast and enforce it instantly.
Because the declaration of visible uncomplicated . web, much has been made from its strong object-oriented gains. even though, little or no dialogue has been dedicated to the perform of object-oriented programming at its so much basic level—that is, development periods. in reality, no matter what code you write in visible simple .
- Beginning Object-Oriented Programming with VB 2005: From Novice to Professional (Beginning: from Novice to Professional)
- C# 6.0 Pocket Reference: Instant Help for C# 6.0 Programmers
- Visual Basic .NET Core Language Little Black Book
- VB & VBA in a nutshell : the language
- Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to the .NET Framework Class Library (Kaleidoscope)
- Visual Basic.NET professional projects
Extra resources for Access 2002 Programming by Example
This scenario, which is entirely possible, creates redundancy. But keep in mind that you are just stating the “norm” here. Perhaps that’s why these are called normal forms. Along the same lines, the Access 97 Developer’s Handbook, by Paul Litwin, Ken Getz and Mike Gilbert and published by Sybex, states that there are situations in which it is acceptable to denormalize. In these rare cases, there are general rules to follow to “break the rules” properly. These rules include documenting every step in the denormalization process and making the necessary adjustments in the application to avoid anomalies and inconsistencies.
5. For the next field, type Result, and make it a text field with a field size of 20. Press F6 to enter the Field Properties section and the Field Size field. 6. 4 to make the Value field a primary key. Now you are ready to enter data. 4: The Primary Key button assumes that you are only entering unique values in the field in which the button is applied. 30 Chapter 2: Joins and Cascades 7. 5. 5: The View button saves a step by opening the table immediately after saving it. 8. The Value field enters sequential values automatically because it is autonumber.
Furthermore, you are forced to enter a value in every record of a primary key field to ensure that you do not have any records without values. This is what the relational model demands. It makes good sense. You certainly don’t want duplicate customer numbers if you want to identify a customer. Access does not mandate creating a primary key in every table, but it is strongly recommended because it is to your advantage that you do so. Your situation might vary, but this is a general principle. Because the Employee ID field is not unique, you need to create a composite (two fields acting as one) field, which acts as a key to create uniqueness.
Access 2002 Programming by Example by Bob Villareal